LIVING IN LIGHT
LIVING IN LIGHT
a debut album
Heather Gilligan, composer
Margot Rood, soprano
Released by Albany Records
"...a new album that capably demonstrates that the art song is not only alive and well but thriving in the early decades of the 21st century."
"Gilligan demonstrates deft control across a spectrum of styles augmented by a deeply empathetic ear for the poetry, which serves as inspirational framework both for the composer and soprano Margot Rood."
Creative Loafing (12/5/17)
Acumen Magazine of Lehigh University
by Geoff Gehman
Click here to view the full article
"Gilligan has helped transform New Hampshire’s Keene State College into a magnetic sanctuary for concerts of new musical works and workshops with veteran composers.”
At a glance...
Heather Gilligan is Professor of Music at Keene State College, where she is the coordinator of theory, composition, and aural skills. She is a member of the Boston Composers' Coalition, a group of seven composers dedicated to the creation, performance, education, and dissemination of new American music.
- Hot off the press! Rhapsody, a new composition for violin & piano - Click here to view!
- A soprano duet for Margot Rood: A Light Exists in Spring - performed digitally during the Covid-19 pandemic. Click here to view!
- A recording session of A Woman Knows: 8 Songs on the Progress of Women, for a cappella vocal quartet. Check out this sneak peak of one of the songs, Twelve Reasons Why Women Should Vote! Recorded at EvenFall Studio, Spofford, NH
- A featured podcast by Seraphic Fire, in which Margot Rood and Patrick Dupre Quigley discuss Rood's career and Gilligan's compositions
- A commission by the Kinnara Ensemble of Atlanta, GA - stay tuned!
- A commission by the Grand Monadnock Youth Choir and KSC Concert Choir